Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh No She Didn't

She looks so innocent lying there. Like maybe that's how she behaves all day. Well that would not exactly be true. Something inside of her has awakened...and I am not going to lie, it's a little beasty. She is not the first of my children to have this awakening. In fact, we are three for three. It is during these awakenings I want to send them on the slow boat to China for a six month cruise.

But because there are now two older siblings to try and outwit, she is getting pretty crafty. Last week when we went to Costco, I promised her a churro. Upon receiving said churro despite questionable behavior in the store including a rousing game of "Where's Waldo," she immediately licked one entire side so that I couldn't share it with her. Did I mention she's two? Two.

This week's antics include squirting carpet cleaner into the tv while I was trying to srub out the blueberries she mashed in the carpet, resulting in the tv shorting out and being unusable. She has peed countless times on floor because she didn't want to stop what she was doing to go to the bathroom, most notable was was when she peed at the table because she didn't want to leave her dinner. It was not quite the cooking compliment I was looking for. She has stuck gum in her eyelashes, stickers up her nose, drawn on every wall up the stairs, and painted her foot with white out from daddy's office. Yesterday I found a pink streak of lip gloss down the dog's back. She's lucky she's cute...it could very well be her life saving mechanism.

5 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

Oh no - you have a Lexie on your hands!

Karen and Joe said...

oh I feel your pain! love the peeing at the table, drip drip drip...what's that??? Oh no!! just what you wanted to do during dinner....clean up pee! let me know if you find any good cruise deals!! ;)

Chad said...

Cute can still be beaten.

Anonymous said...

Oh why do we keep having these little creatures? Someday there will be payback, I just know it or else Maddy will be getting a good laugh.

Des said...

Wowee!! I'd say she is very lucky she's cute!