Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Food for the Soul



Tuesdays just might be my favorite day of the week. On Tuesday, it's all about the music. For a few hours every week, I don't have to be a mom, a wife, a teacher; or think about the bills, the laundry, or what to make for dinner. I just sing. I have come to understand that part of who I am craves the opportunity to create. Everyone needs that. To be creating something, or feel validation in something they are doing. Music and writing do this for me.They make me feel connected to something bigger than myself and my day to day struggles.

Today was an extra special Tuesday since Pilgrims and Indians sang too. There was one adorable little Pilgrim standing proudly on the end of the second row with the rest of the "blue group." She was accompanied by rain stick and maraca shakers, and four little drummers. But the music teacher looked like she took a few hits from the peyote pipe before the performance. I might too if I was orchestrating 80 Pilgrims, Indians, and turkeys. Or maybe she was just in her creative zone...

3 comments:

Chad said...

Is peyote still legal where you live?

Grammie said...

Cutest pilgrim EVER!!!

I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments! Glad you take some time just for yourself... YOU so deserve it!

xo Grammie

Karen and Joe said...

MI MI MI MI MIIIIIIII!!! so glad you get to utilize your talent and not bury it under a bushel :)