Monday, November 30, 2009

The Long Road



Today is a big day. A day filled with more gratitude than even I have words for. Since 1971 Momma Bear has worked with the Michigan Department of State. She started part time as a clerk issuing driver's licenses and car title transfers. She retires today as the head of the Motorcycle Safety Division for the entire state.

There has been so much I have learned watching her throughout her career. She has taught me persistence, and diligence. She has taught me courage in pursuit of a better life. She has taught me to be fearless in the face of opposition. She has taught me independence and strength. As an adult, I have come to understand the sacrifices she has made for us as her children.

Today several chapters end and a new one begins. There are still many pages left to write in her book. There is still so much she has to give. There are still many lessons I have left to learn. The first begins on Saturday when she calls the southwest her new home.

5 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

I LOVE your MOM!!! Tell her congrats!

Chad said...

So did you get your motorcycle license?

Balcena Family said...

Congratulations on the retirement! And Yippee for everyone to have her close to you!!! I know that will be a blessing for her and for you!

Grammie said...

I am a blessed woman for many reasons....my family is the top of that list! Thank you for lovine me so much. I can't wait for my new adventure.....

Love always, Grammie

Anonymous said...

What a great post to your Mom. I loved it.