Sunday, November 22, 2009

Here We Are Together




Did I really commit to 30 days of gratitude? Seems a little excessive. I am already struggling at day 3. Hmmm.

Today was a rather sad day for me. I was released from being the Primary Chorister at church. To some, teaching 100 kids songs every week might sound as apealing as repeatedly stabbing yourself in the eye with a knitting needle. But for me, these little people are a bright spot in my week. I love their crazy comments, I love their smiles and their laughter, I love that whenever I see any of them at school, or in a store, or at the park, they always come up to say hello. The younger ones will even run up with their arms wide open for a hug.

Being with the adults really isn't as fun. They don't enjoy human spinner. They don't jump up on their chairs when singing "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam." They don't even sing "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam." This whole hanging out with people my own age is definitely going to take some getting used to.

5 comments:

Des said...

Well, I will miss your craziness in Primary! But if anyone can get the ladies moving in RS it's you!

Karen and Joe said...

I'm sad too that you aren't in there with me anymore too! But keep the attitude of gratitude going and I'm sure those ladies will grow on ya and you'll love it!

Chad said...

Imagine how these adults now feel having to hang out with you! Why did you take that bad.... I meant intimidated! Geez!

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

I like the new background on your blog. I don't have your e-mail address anymore. Can you send it to ormeguinn@msn.com?

Sally said...

Have you met me? I sing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" probably 2 times a day minimum!