Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birth Order


On Monday when I asked the wee one to pick up her toys, she snapped, "I'm not doin' nuh-sing!" So I put her down for a nap.

On Tuesday when she insisted she needed to be unbuckled so that she could close the garage door and I told her no, she screamed "you ruined my life!" Did I mention this all took place on the freeway which happens to be nowhere near our actual garage door?

On Wednesday, while at lunch, she began pounding on the window and yelling when two ducks attempted to end a third duck's life by drowning it. While this all too disturbing act was occurring, she turned to me and through pursed lips stated, "I am really pissed off at that duck!" I tried not to choke on the tortilla chip and encouraged her to use another word like angry, as in that duck is making me angry.

So when you see us out together and wonder when we are having another one...the answer is...never. This one has done me in.


*editor's note - While it did take roughly 20 minutes to recover, the duck was fine, no natural selection took place in the process of lunch

4 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

LOL!! wow wee one! she's always so sweet and quiet at my house, i never would of known!! haha

Brynn said...

I love reading your blog!!!

Chad said...

Reminds me of the time Tierra told me it was BS (only she used the words not the acronym) that I wouldn't give her a treat. Kids right?

Anonymous said...

She is the spice that keeps your soup tasty!!!

I have one of those too.....and yes she will be our last!