Monday, January 11, 2010

Sabbath Day Rituals


5:45am Sucrose Guy's alarm goes off

5:54am Alarm goes off again

6:03am Alarm goes off again, I tell him he better get up, he's gotta go

6:07am Lights flicker on and the shower starts

6:30am Sucrose Guy is off for 6:50am meetings

6:32am My alarm goes off and the shower starts again

7:05am Wake kids up to go

7:15am "Come on I gotta do your hair, we gotta go, we can't be late"

7:18am Curly exclaims amid sobs during the hair brushing, "I hate when church is in the middle of the night!"

7:22am "Did everybody brush their teeth?" to which Hollywood grumbles, "We haven't even eaten yet, what's the point?"

7:27am Lights off, Oatmeal to Go, juice boxes, socks, and shoes in one hand, church bag in the other, wait, where are the crayons? Who used the crayons last? Where are they? Got um, ok let's go...hopefully we make it on time

5 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

I'm so impressed if the teeth are being brushed at 7:27! For some reason that happens fir us at 7:47. :). Although now our church starts at 1. Ugh

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

We are at 9:00 now. I am trying to do everything the night before, but Brad looks like father of the year when he walks in with all 5 older children alone because the mother, as Brody calls me, can't get the newborn to nurse quickly enough. I think the bottle is right around the corner!!!

Karen and Joe said...

i don't like having church in the middle of the night either! ;)

Marielle Carlisle said...

The middle of the night? Are you kidding? It's practically the afternoon by my watch.

Oh, and to have friends, you need to be one (heehee).

Brynn said...

8am church??? I'm definitely voting for a 1 hour block!