Thursday, April 16, 2009

Caught Up


There's been quite a flurry of activity these past several weeks in our home. First up was the Pinewood Derby. Logan did great for his premiere at the events. He loved painting his car that he and his dad did together, so much so that my kitchen table is still showing the remnants of the red, green, and silver love.


A few weeks later was our annual Anthem Days here in town. It's a mini fair at the community park. There are vendors hawking their products, pre-schools, and psychology. There are all the traditional fair foods; roasted corn, snow cones, and fry bread. There are bounce houses, pony rides, and music. But best of all, it's the time of year that the carnie's descend on our little town and charge rates comparable to that of securing life insurance. It cost $12 for Nathan and the kids to ride ONE ride. The Starship 2000 was the chosen one this year. Back in my carnie loving days it was better known as the Gravitron. You know the one where they spin you around at mock 5 and then drop the floor out from under you? I thought for sure Caitlyn would bow out and Logan would puke. Turns out they are natural born spinners and loved it.

The other ride for the day was the giant train. It's a 6 car train that goes all over the community area in the center of town. It comes complete with trips over bridges and through tunnels. We have wanted to go since we moved here, and it was a beautiful day to ride.

We have also hit up a hockey game. Nathan and I have been before, and we thought that there was enough action to keep the kids entertained. Logan loved it. He wanted to ride the Zamboni. Who doesn't? As long as she was eating, Caitlyn was mostly pacified. But then there's Reagan...and Dora. To a 2 year old, a coyote mascot looks much like a fox. More specifically a fox named Swiper. She lost her mind when Swiper came out on the ice riding a four wheeler to give away a motorcycle. She of course believed Swiper was swiping the bike and was screaming at the top of her lungs "Swiper no swiping, Swiper no swiping." When the bike was securely in the hands of the winner, she replied, "oh man..." I am not sure how many more games she will be attending.

All and all Arizona has been lovely this spring. I imagine it is much like fall for those with four seasons. It is a great couple of months, but you know you have to soak it all in before the dreadful weather rolls in...but on the bright side at least we spend our dreaded months at the water park and not shoveling snow.

3 comments:

Sally said...

SWEET! My arm made your blog. I feel so honored. Really though...I LOVED the gravitron in my day. I think now it would induce puking.

Karen and Joe said...

Whoa I'm impressed your kids didn;t puke after that ride! It mkes me want to puke just thinking about it!

Chad said...

So if I come down for a AZ Diamondbacks game will Nathan and Logan go? And can I sleep in your back yard?