Sunday, April 4, 2010

Oh S...



On April 4, 2010 the sugar world lost a dear friend.
Funeral services were held in Glendale Arizona on April 5, 2010
It is survived by food like substances including lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, and other members of the dull food family

There were many fond memories over dessert at the dinner table
At the ice cream store
Standing in front of the candy section at the corner drugstore
In line at the drive thru
Over a shared Slurpee
Judging people on reality TV

Sugar has always been a dear friend
It never talked back like the kids
It tasted better than therapy
It called to me when the the caller I.D. showed no missed numbers
Goodbye chocolate covered pretzels
Goodbye Frosted Mini Wheat's
Goodbye Cadbury Mini Eggs, I shall miss you the most.

Sugar passed away in a bitter fight to the end. The battle was messy and included horrific details. But in the end, sugar had to lose, and let me tell you why...

I have 12 weeks to lose ten, got that 10, pounds. If I do not lose ten pounds in these 12 weeks, my brother has in a sealed envelope a very terrible picture and the passwords to both my Facebook account and my blog account.

Is this really what weight loss has become? Am I really that unmotivated by money, or the love of beauty, or even health, that this is what it takes?

Before some of you get all crazy and say, "Oh geez, you can totally do that," remember this. I am the girl that worked with a personal trainer for six months, three times a week, for two hours, and only lost 5 pounds. Remember that I am the girl who weighs more at the six week follow up check than I did at the last appointment before I had the baby.

This is war. So forgive me if I seem a little edgy in the coming weeks. I have a terrible photo that must be kept confidential!

4 comments:

Haley, Brad, and the gang said...

I remember exactly when you were doing the personal trainer, and your body looked fantastic. I am not sure why the pounds didn't show lighter, but your figure sure changed :)! You can do it!

tollestrupfamily said...

Try HCG. It worked miracles for my Dad. Just know it is a never ending battle for most human beings. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?

Karen and Joe said...

that's gonna do it i'm sure of it! Push those buttons of threatening humilitaion to get your booty moving! haha you can do it! I believe in you! Anything i can do to help i'm here for ya! go Kristi GO!

Unknown said...

Drink a lot of water,that would surely help..!I am really intrigued with your photo,I know you can do it and good luck to you..!

personal trainer az