Sunday, December 6, 2009

Make New Friends, but Keep the Old...




I have never really considered a myself a great friend. I am not entirely thoughtful, I never write thank you's (even though I always think I will), I don't call often, and I discovered last night when I awoke at three in the morning from a terrible nightmare, that I will leave you to fend for yourself if we are in a room together with a psychopath. I am so bad that while I was searching through my digital photos for a picture with friends, I didn't have a single one so I had to google images of friends for the blog picture.

Nevertheless, there are those who will still call me friend. So to all of you, I say thank you. I have learned something from every one of you. There are some of you who will tell me my butt looks terrible in plaid (you get extra thanks!). There are some who will listen to me whine about mundane things. There are some who will let me cry on your shoulder. There are some who let me entertain you so that I can feel like I am good at something. What would I do without all of you? Probably shrivel right up and melt like the wicked witch of the west.

Today, and always, I am grateful for you. Next year, I might even try to be a better friend. Well, at least maybe I'll work on hugging without cringing.

3 comments:

Chad said...

I tried to be friends, I even tried to take pictures. You said no.

Anonymous said...

If you send me your picture, I will photoshop us together. Ok Friend?

From the Kitchen said...

Oh, that is so sad. I love my friends and couldn't do without them. Of course, to have a friend, you must be a friend. I hope that you will get to a point where you can do that.