Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good Night My Angel


I am by nature, not a cuddle machine. It is a flaw that drives my husband, who is by nature a cuddler, insane. I can't help it, I enjoy my space. Unlike a cow in the chute of a slaughterhouse, when pressure is applied to me, most often in the form of a hug, it neither calms me down, nor soothes me. So imagine my dismay when sometimes all three of the kids end up in my bed on any given night. I often wake up to a foot in my rib or a hand on my face. But most nights I find Reagan in the crook of my arm about 3:00am. I have finally gone on strike. Nathan wants his wife back, and I want my bed back.


So we hatched a plan. We believed it to be fool proof. It was only going to take a few days...we would put Reagan in with Caitlyn and then Reagan would have someone to sleep with, and Caitlyn wouldn't be scared - because someone else would be in her room with her. No more tears and a full night's rest, is there anything better?

Well a few days has turned into a few weeks, and things are not going according to plan. We have had to take shifts laying down in the girls room getting them to fall asleep, Nathan has taken the last few nights, and well, laying down turned into sleeping there. Tonight, I went to check on them and found Reagan's new cuddle buddy. So much for plans...

2 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

Haahahaha! I giggled out loud! Becuase I feel your pain! I have yet to take a picture of either of us laying on ryans floor but that is a common scene in our house too! Oh I wish we could break the cycle sooner than later, I'll wish fot the both of us! Hope you all start to feel better soon too!

tollestrupfamily said...

Did you watch Grey's.......