Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Don't Cry for me Arizona...




Things we have learned here in Arizona:


1. Dry heat is still hot. In the shade, in the car, on the black asphalt street. I don't care if it's wet, dry, moist, or damp, it's freaking hot.
2. You can sweat off 7 pounds just walking 6 blocks to get your kids from school in 108 degree weather. You smell, but you're slimming down.
3. Having one kid at home all day is so easy. What was I complaining about all those years when it was just Logan?
4. Homework is just as big of a pain in the butt in Arizona as it is in California
5. You can still spend $250 at Costco and go home and think "what did I spend $250 on?"
6. They don't call soccer practices here when it is 100 degrees. If they did, the kids would never practice.
7. When they say drink lots of water - it's really not a recommendation, more a commandment.
8. Dehydration causes 4mm kidney stones. That's right, you heard me, 4mm equals 4 hours in the ER with a husband puking because he was so much pain. Then he passed out on the pain meds and told all of the nurses that they were "awesome" and kept telling me "you are so pretty"
9. Those 4 hours in the ER turned into 4 hours in a waiting room while I waited for him to get out of surgery. A failed surgery no less. So the 4 hours will now be extended while he goes through a more extensive surgery in two weeks. If kidney stones really are like giving birth, he will be in labor about a month. Don't be jealous!!
10. A cactus can be pretty to look at. Some even grow flowers, and the ones that are tall, and sometimes have arms growing off of them, take 50 years to grow one of those "arms." I guess I never appreciated the time things take to grow and cultivate. A good lesson to learn when you have just moved.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's kidney stones. I have heard those are incredibly painful. I hope the second surgery goes smoothly and, more importantly, is SUCCESSFUL! Your pictures are great. I really enjoy your blog - keep posting.

As for me, I'm recovering well from my surgery. It's a slow process, but I'm doing good. Still going to physical therapy (hate it!), and hopefully soon I'll be able to drive.

God bless,
Gina

Heather said...

A month of labor. OUCH! Poor Nathan.

I had no idea you guys were moving. We need to catch up! But I'm gonna be mad at you forever for picking AZ over UT;)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Kristi. I love your pictures. It is bitter sweet to send them to school. I would love school if there was no homework. Gone all day and then home to play. That would be my dream. We miss you.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

We miss you already Kristi! Love the pictures and the stories of your days in AZ. Keep em coming.

Margie and Perri