Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lets hear it for the boy


In the craziness of life, I sometimes forget how funny Logan really is and how fast he is growing. He is this little man now with a profound sense of logic and a remarkable sense of humor. Last weekend when we went to Arizona the portable DVD player for the car broke because somebody broke it, and by broke I mean they touched the lens of the laser in the DVD. Yes the lens that says "do not touch," well somebody touched, even though nobody confessed, and everybody stayed quite.

Well that little broken DVD player turned out to be quite a blessing. Among the many games we played in the car, one was making up a joke to see if anyone would laugh. Because I don't know any jokes, I deferred to Mary Poppins and the uncle in the movie that tells all the jokes. However, Logan really went for it. We were cracking up at the randomness of the kid's jokes. Occasionally after he would try one out, there would be a lull of silence and he would say "yeah, wait, that wasn't funny" which of course would crack us all up.

The jokes didn't end in the car. When we got out to go to lunch, we scored and got a free meal at Chili's because they were getting ready to open and were training their new waiters. With that free meal came a free dessert. The kids were in heaven. I am not convinced that Logan will not grow up to be a chef or food critic. Because everything was free, he took it upon himself to try everything. When dessert came it was a piece of cheesecake. That's my favorite dessert of all time. But because I am living this new "healthy lifestyle" I didn't elbow my way into the feeding frenzy. When the dust settled and the forks were put down, Logan wiped his mouth and said, "You guys can share the rest if you want." This is what was to be shared...



Many of you may be thinking, "There's nothing left," but if you look very closely at the top of the plate, there are two bites left. Apparently one for me, and one for Nathan. Oh he is my kid!

Logan has also found a new appreciation for music and dancing. For the last day of school, two second grade classes did a hip hop dance at the student assembly. It was quite entertaining. I still occasionally see Logan walking around the house busting out the moves from that dance while he sings along to a song playing on the ipod. Like I said, he is a constant source of entertainment.




No comments: